Our Terms And Conditions
- All drivers must be between the ages of 25 and 75, have a valid UK Driving Licence and insurance for the vehicle which tows the hired caravan.
- A maximum number of 3 penalty points are allowed on the licence.
- Visitors from abroad are advised to obtain an international driving license.
- Driving licences and Insurance certificates must be produced when the caravan is collected.
- Another form of photographic identification other than the driving licence must be produced together with a utility bill.
- The Hirer must not allow the caravan to be towed or used by any person not listed as an authorised driver on the DCC booking form.
- Unless otherwise agreed in writing by the parties, we shall be under no liability whatever to the Hirer for any consequential or indirect losses and/or expense (including loss of profit and business revenue) suffered by the Hirer arising out of our breach of the contract.
- We reserve the right to vary our prices and conditions and to cancel and refuse hire to any person without explanation.
- We reserve the right to replace or substitute or even cancel a hire in the event of us being unable to supply due to unforeseen and uncontrollable circumstances.
- A £50 booking deposit is payable on reservation. The balance of the hire charge is payable 28 days prior to the commencement of hire PLUS a £200 security deposit for the caravan and equipment.
- The security deposit for the caravan is fully refundable at the end of the hire provided it is returned clean, undamaged and on time (this will be processed within 7 days of the return of the caravan).
Cancellation of Bookings
- If the hire is cancelled within 28 days of the date of hire commencing we shall try, but are not obliged to re-hire the caravan, and if successful the deposit paid will be refunded less an administration charge.
- We advise the Hirer to take out holiday cancellation insurance.
Periods of hire
- The period of hire will be from 4 p.m. on the day of collection and 10 a.m. on the last day of hire.
- Variation from these times may be possible on request but must be confirmed in writing by Devon & Cornwall Caravan Hire.
- Should the hirer fail to arrive at the agreed place and time of collection, we are entitled to treat the situation as a cancellation by the Hirer without liability on our part and the provisions under the Cancellation of Bookings shall apply.
Repair & Insurance
- The Hirer is responsible to keep and put the caravan in good working condition and to pay for repair & replacement costs, including repair costs for the wheels and tyres. The risk of the goods shall pass to the Hirer upon the collection.
- The Hirer must arrange with and notify with his/.her insurance company that he/she will use his/her car for towing the caravan so that his/her policy will be extended to include third party cover on the use of the caravan.
- The Hirer is responsible for the full cost of replacement of the caravan should it be lost, stolen , non-returned or damaged due to the hirer's neglect to an extend that the repair cost is higher than the replacement cost.
- The Hirer must not part with possession of the caravan at any time during the hire.
- Details of any accident, damage or fault must be reported to us at the earliest possibility.
- An accident report must be completed by the Hirer. The Hirer must obtain prior consent from us before giving any instruction for repair to the caravan.
- All receipts for the repairs must be retained and defective parts must be available for inspection where possible.
Smoking & Pets
- Are not permitted.
- If a chemical toilet is fitted to a caravan then it should be returned empty and clean. Failure to do so will result in the retention of your deposit.
- It is the Hirer's responsibility to ensure that the tow vehicle is suitable for the caravan.
- We reserve the right to cancel the hire, if the tow car is not compatible.
Also trading as: "Self Tow Caravan Holidays"